In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese glass noodle soup with shrimp and lime
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
With a warming tomato-ginger base and chewy, slurpable noodles, this Southeast Asian soup is healthy comfort food at its best.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 2 to 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket tomato-ginger soup base (tomatoes - fish sauce - tomato paste - fresh ginger - coconut sugar)
- 6 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 450, Total Fat 1.5g (2% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 2580mg (112% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the glass noodles
While the noodles cook, prepare the soup.
Prep the ingredients; cook the soup
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes into quarters.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Juice the lime.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Divide the glass noodles between the bowls.
- Garnish with the cilantro.