Vietnamese glass noodle soup with shrimp and lime
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
With a warming tomato-ginger base and chewy, slurpable noodles, this Southeast Asian soup is healthy comfort food at its best.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 2 to 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sun Basket tomato-ginger soup base (tomatoes - fish sauce - tomato paste - fresh ginger - coconut sugar)
- 6 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Sambal oelek is one of our favorite tools to bring heat and flavor to a dish. Sambal is an Indonesian term for a sauce made with chiles, and oelek refers to the mortar and pestle traditionally used to make it. We recommend stirring in one-third for mild heat, two-thirds for medium, and all of it if you like things super spicy.
Calories: 450, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 1.5g (2% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g (0% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 2580mg (108% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.