Vietnamese shaking beef with muoi tieu chanh sauce
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
This paleo beef stir-fry takes its name from the traditional cooking method, in which the cook shakes the pan as the beef browns.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic lime
- 3½ ounces organic watercress
- Sun Basket salt and pepper blend (Celtic sea salt - black pepper)
- Sun Basket coconut umami blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - sesame oil)
If you have the Japanese ingredient mirin in your home pantry, swap it in for the white wine or water in Step 5. We love the flavor this rice cooking wine imparts. Mirin is traditionally used in marinades, glazes, and sauces, and when cooked, the alcohol content evaporates, leaving only its signature sweet taste, which pairs perfectly with this dish.
Calories: 540, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 1840mg (77% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.