In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese shaking beef with filet mignons and muoi tieu chanh sauce
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Shake up your dinner routine with this fun Vietnamese stir-fry featuring tender filet mignons, roasted sweet potato, and a traditional salt, pepper, and lime dipping sauce.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- Steak options:
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket salt and pepper blend (Celtic sea salt - black pepper)
- 2 bunches organic watercress
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket umami blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 480, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 1270mg (53% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil, season generously with kosher salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with the ginger. Meanwhile, prepare the shaking beef.
Prep and brown the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Cut the steaks into 1-inch pieces; season lightly with kosher salt and pepper.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are browning, prepare the remaining ingredients and the sauce.
Make the muoi tieu chanh sauce
- Juice the lime.
In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] lime juice and half the salt and pepper blend, adding more blend to taste. Set aside any remaining blend for serving.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the shaking beef
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress. Set aside for serving.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In the same pan used for the steaks, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with kosher salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in the steaks and any accumulated juices and cook until almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the umami blend and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] white wine (from your pantry) or water and cook, stirring to coat, until the steaks are cooked to the desired doneness, about 1 minute for medium. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] butter (from your pantry), if using. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
Transfer the watercress to individual bowls and top with the shaking beef and sweet potato. Serve the muoi tieu chanh sauce and any remaining salt and pepper blend on the side.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the ginger.
- Season the sweet potato and toss with oil.
- Stir the muoi tieu chanh sauce.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).