Vietnamese shaking beef with lime-pepper dipping sauce
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
25 – 35 Minutes
This paleo-friendly beef stir-fry takes its name from the traditional cooking method, in which the cook shakes the pan as the beef browns.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes (about ¾ pound)
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 red onion
- 3 scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces watercress
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper blend (Celtic sea salt - black pepper)
- Paleo stir-fry seasoning base (coconut aminos - fish sauce - coconut vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (optional)
An essential condiment in Japanese cooking, mirin is a sweetened, low-alcohol sake. Because it is rice based, paleo diners may want to replace it with white wine or water.
Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 1650mg (69% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.