In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese shrimp salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Delicate shellfish, savory mango, and our Vietnamese salad dressing make this 15-minute meal satisfying and refreshingly light.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Sunbasket nuoc cham base (fish sauce - lime juice - sambal oelek - ginger - coconut sugar)
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic mango
- 3 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
Calories 370, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 620mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut, walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the dressing
- Peel the shallots and thinly slice them crosswise. Separate the slices into rings.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the shellfish cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; thinly slice the leaves.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Separate the shallot slices into rings.
- Stir the dressing.
- Assemble the salad.