In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese steak stir-fry with jasmine rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Paleo- and family-friendly, our Vietnamese steak stir-fry boasts a rich umami flavor made possible by a splash of fish sauce and curry powder.
In your bag
- 1 cup jasmine rice*
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 summer squash
- 2 limes
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 630, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 59g (21% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry ingredients.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the red bell pepper. Thinly slice the bell pepper.
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Juice 1 lime.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Add the steak and any accumulated juices, lime juice, sesame oil, half the fish sauce, and as many chile flakes as you like. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and season to taste with more fish sauce, salt, and pepper.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the garlic and ginger.
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish the stir-fry.