In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hanoi steak stir-fry with zucchini and bell pepper over white rice
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Dust off that wok and master the art of stir-frying. Just combine your choice of protein with fresh veggies and an aromatic combo of curry powder, garlic, and fish sauce for delicious Vietnamese-inspired flavors.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (fish sauce - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 540, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 860mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp or scallops, 2 to 4 minutes for steak or pork, and 3 to 5 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the zucchini, bell pepper, and curry powder, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add your protein and any accumulated juices, carrots, half the stir-fry blend (adding more if desired), and as much sambal oelek as you like. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and your protein is cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice to individual bowls. Top with the stir-fry and dollop with any remaining sambal oelek, if desired. Garnish with the scallions and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.