In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Waldorf chicken salad with walnuts, grapes, and peach slices
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This summer spin on the classic Waldorf salad has peach standing in for the apple and chicken for extra protein. It’s a light, refreshing main-course salad for a warm day.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- ¼ pound organic red or other grapes
- 1 ounce walnuts
- Sun Basket lemon-garlic aioli (paleo mayo - fresh lemon juice - fresh garlic)
- 5 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories: 540, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Remove any stems from the grapes; cut the grapes in half.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Make the Waldorf salad
- Time the chicken.
- Toss the Waldorf salad.
- Divide the greens between plates.