In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Walnut-crusted chicken diavola with lemon-roasted broccoli
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Panko bread crumbs and walnuts seamlessly replace the traditional fried coating of chicken diavola in this healthier (and we’d say tastier) take on the dish.
In your bag
- 1 bunch organic baby broccoli
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Nutrition per serving
Calories 640, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the broccoli
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
- Zest the lemon; set aside for the chicken. Trim the ends and cut the lemon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin rounds. [Zest 1 lemon and cut into thin half-moons. Save the remaining lemon.]
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
While the broccoli mixture roasts, prepare the chicken.
Prep the panko mixture
- Finely chop the walnuts.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and add the mustard. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the chicken
- Season the broccoli and lemon for roasting.
- Time the broccoli and chicken.
- Help clean up.