Walnut-crusted chicken diavola with lemon-roasted broccoli
30 – 40 Minutes
Panko bread crumbs and walnuts seamlessly replace the traditional fried coating of chicken diavola in this healthier (and we’d say tastier) take on the dish.
In your bag
- ¾ pound broccoli
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup pitted green olives
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
If you have a food processor, in Step 2, use it in place of a knife for the walnuts: with the blade attachment, pulse the nuts a few times until finely chopped.
Prep and roast the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim off any coarse stems.
- Zest the lemon; set aside for the chicken. Trim off the ends and cut the lemon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
While the broccoli mixture roasts, prepare the chicken.
Prep the panko mixture
- Finely chop the walnuts.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure 1 tablespoon; save any remaining shallots for another use.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl. Add the mustard and with a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the chicken
Calories: 750, Protein: 53g (106% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 200mg (67% DV), Sodium: 830mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.