In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Walnut-crusted chicken diavola with lemon-roasted cauliflower
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Panko bread crumbs and walnuts bring all the crunch in this lighter (and we’d say tastier) pan-roasted take on classic chicken diavola.
In your bag
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic lemon
- ⅓ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ½ cup panko
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 organic egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
If you have a food processor, use it in place of a knife for the walnuts in Step 2. With the blade attachment, pulse them a few times until finely chopped.
Calories: 640, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 160mg (53% DV), Sodium: 520mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Zest the lemon; set aside the zest for the panko mixture. Trim the ends and cut the lemon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons. [Zest 1 lemon; cut both lemons into thin half-moons.]
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
While the cauliflower mixture roasts, prepare the panko and the chicken.
Prep the panko mixture
- Finely chop the walnuts.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL].
- On a plate or shallow bowl, toss together the panko, walnuts, shallots, lemon zest, and as much cayenne as you like. Season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Prep the chicken
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken
- Toss the cauliflower with the lemon slices and oil.
- Measure the shallots.
- Time the cooking.