In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Walnut-mushroom flatbreads with apricots and lemon-tahini dressing
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Spicy, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Turkish-style pizzas, these flavorful flatbreads are topped with a hearty mix of walnuts, mushrooms, and spices—enough to wake up your taste buds.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ cup walnuts
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sun Basket tomato sauce made by Talluto’s (tomatoes - onions - garlic - olive oil - salt - spices)
- Sun Basket flatbread spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 2 Atoria's Family Bakery whole wheat lavash flatbreads
- 2 or 3 dried apricots
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 teaspoons sumac
Calories: 810, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 54g (83% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 75g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the walnut-mushroom topping
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for assembling the flatbreads. Finely chop the remaining onion.
- Finely chop the walnuts.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the walnuts and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add ¼ cup [½ cup] water and the flatbread spice blend and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has almost evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the walnut-mushroom topping is cooking, prepare the flatbreads.
Toast the flatbreads
- Brush the tops of the flatbreads lightly with oil.
On a sheet pan or directly on the oven rack, place the flatbreads side by side and bake until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the apricots and dressing; assemble the flatbreads
- Finely chop the apricots.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top the flatbreads with the walnut-mushroom topping, arugula, sliced onion, and apricots, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Drizzle with as much lemon-tahini dressing as you like and sprinkle with the sumac.
Transfer the flatbreads to individual plates and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the walnut-mushroom topping.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Measure the oil for the dressing.
- Help assemble the flatbreads.