In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Walnut-mushroom flatbreads with apricots and lemon-tahini dressing
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Spicy
2 Servings, 830 Calories/Serving
Do the words “pizza night” give you butterflies? Then get stoked for this vegan twist on Turkish-style pizzas featuring a meaty mushroom-walnut combo, sweet apricots, and peppery arugula.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ cup walnuts
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sunbasket tomato sauce (tomatoes - onions - garlic - olive oil - salt - spices)
- Sunbasket flatbread spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 2 Atoria's Family Bakery whole grain lavash flatbreads
- 2 ounces dried apricots
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 teaspoons sumac
Calories: 830, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 54g (83% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 83g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 26g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the walnut-mushroom topping
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for assembling the flatbreads. Finely chop the remaining onion.
- Finely chop the walnuts.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the walnuts and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the flatbread spice blend and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has almost evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the walnut-mushroom topping is cooking, prepare the flatbreads.
Toast the flatbreads
- Brush the tops of the flatbreads lightly with oil.
On a sheet pan or directly on the oven rack, place the flatbreads side by side and bake until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the apricots and dressing; assemble the flatbreads
- Finely chop the apricots.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top the flatbreads with the walnut-mushroom topping, arugula, sliced onion, and apricots, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Drizzle with as much lemon-tahini dressing as you like and sprinkle with the sumac (set aside any remaining dressing for serving).
Transfer the flatbreads to individual plates and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the walnut-mushroom topping.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Measure the oil for the dressing.
- Help assemble the flatbreads.