In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Walnut-mushroom flatbreads with apricots and lemon-tahini dressing
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Anatolian lahmajoun (think Turkish pizza), these mildly spicy flatbreads are topped with a hearty vegan mix of walnuts and mushrooms.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ cup walnuts
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sun Basket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- Sun Basket flatbread spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 2 Atoria's Family Bakery Lavash flatbreads
- 3 or 4 dried apricots
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 teaspoons sumac
Calories: 820, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 53g (82% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 240mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the walnut-mushroom topping
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside for assembling the flatbreads. Finely chop the remaining onion.
- Finely chop the walnuts.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
Add ¼ cup [½ cup] water and as much flatbread spice blend as you like and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has almost evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the walnut-mushroom topping cooks, prepare the flatbreads.
Toast the flatbreads
- Brush the tops of the flatbreads lightly with oil.
While the flatbreads toast, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the apricots and dressing; assemble the flatbreads
- Finely chop the apricots.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the walnut-mushroom topping.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Stir the dressing.
- Help assemble the flatbreads.