Warm fusilli salad with roasted winter squash and mushrooms
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegan
Just the right balance of contrasting yet complementary elements makes this gluten-free and vegan fusilli pasta salad unforgettable.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 10 ounces delicata squash (see Market Watch note)
- 5 ounces button mushrooms (such as cremini)
- 1 large leek
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3½ ounces watercress
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - salt)
Because organic delicata can be hard to find, you may receive organic chopped peeled butternut or whole acorn squash instead.
- If chopped butternut, skip the prep in Step 2 and toss with the mushrooms and oil before roasting. Follow the rest of the recipe as written.
- If an acorn squash, don’t bother peeling it; instead of roasting it with the mushrooms in Step 2, cut the squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds. Season the cut sides generously with salt and pepper and rub with oil. Roast, cut sides down, on a foil-lined sheet pan in the 450°F oven until tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool slightly, then in Step 4, scoop out large chunks of the roasted squash and add to the pasta.
Calories: 700, Protein: 14g (28% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.