In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Warm fusilli salad with roasted winter squash and mushrooms
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Just the right balance of contrasting yet complementary elements makes this gluten-free and vegan fusilli pasta salad unforgettable.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 10 ounces delicata squash (see Market Watch note)
- 5 ounces button mushrooms (such as cremini)
- 1 large leek
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3½ ounces watercress
- Sunbasket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - salt)
Calories: 700, Protein: 14g (28% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook until just tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain and set aside.
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the squash and mushrooms.
Prep and roast the squash and mushrooms
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large halves into quarters.
While the squash and mushrooms roast, prepare the leek.
Prep and cook the leek
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
While the leek cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the dish
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Toss the squash and mushrooms with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Clean the sliced leeks.
- Stir together the fusilli salad.
- Garnish the salad.