In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Warm potato salad with roasted asparagus, mustard vinaigrette, and tempeh croutons
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Tossing warm potatoes with a tangy mustard vinaigrette creates a dairy-free yet creamy main-course salad that will be a new perennial favorite served with asparagus and gluten-free tempeh croutons.
In your bag
- 1 pound organic red or other waxy potatoes
- Mustard vinaigrette (whole grain Dijon mustard - shallots - EVOO - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ pound tempeh
- 1 organic celery rib
Calories: 620, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 19g (76% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
While the potatoes cook, prepare the asparagus.
Prep and cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon.]
While the asparagus roasts, prepare the tempeh.
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh into ½-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, finish the potatoes.
Finish the potatoes
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery lengthwise into thin slices, then crosswise into ⅛-inch pieces.
Crisp the tempeh croutons
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Garnish with the tempeh croutons.