In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Warm quinoa and corn salad with summer squash, ricotta, and hazelnuts
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Get your dose of vegetables with this warm gluten-free quinoa salad. Hazelnuts and fresh corn add nice crunch, while lemon, mint, and a drizzle of honey bring bright flavors.
In your bag
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
Calories: 550, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 130mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts for garnish.
- Rinse the quinoa and chickpeas.
- Shuck the corn.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Top the salad with ricotta, honey, and hazelnuts.