In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
White bean and mushroom cassoulet with parsley-onion salad
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegan
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
This traditionally meaty French casserole goes vegan and gluten-free with buttery white beans, crunchy almonds, and two kinds of mushrooms.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic large leek
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- ⅓ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sun Basket mushroom-herb blend (porcini powder - granulated garlic - dried thyme)
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 480, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 110mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Quick-pickle the onion
- Peel and very thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Prep the cassoulet ingredients
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leeks from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Coarsely chop half the mushrooms for the cassoulet filling; thinly slice half for the cassoulet topping.
- Rinse the white beans.
Start the cassoulet
While the cassoulet simmers, prepare the almonds.
Prep the almonds; finish the cassoulet
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
When the cassoulet is almost done, finish the salad.
Finish the parsley-onion salad
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Juice the lemon.
- Soak the leeks and pat dry.
- Rinse the beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Finish the parsley-onion salad.