White bean and ricotta flatbreads with pine nuts and caramelized onions
Vegetarian, Soy Free
35 – 45 Minutes
These summery vegetarian flatbreads are slathered in a high-protein combo of white beans and ricotta cheese and drizzled with a basil-lemon vinaigrette.
- 2 yellow onions
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 lemon
- Fresh thyme
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Fresh basil
- 2 whole wheat flatbreads
- 1½ tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces mixed greens
Cook the onions
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onions.
While the onions cook, prepare the white bean-ricotta mixture and basil-lemon vinaigrette.
Make the white bean-ricotta mixture
- Rinse the white beans.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the basil-lemon vinaigrette.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Make the basil-lemon vinaigrette
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Assemble and bake the flatbreads
When the flatbreads are almost done, prepare the mixed greens.
Toss the mixed greens
Chef’s tip: If you prefer a creamier consistency, you can blend the white bean-ricotta mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 750, Protein: 29g, Total Fat: 37g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Carbohydrates: 83g, Fiber: 22g, Sugar: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 770mg
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat.