In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
White bean and ricotta flatbreads with pine nuts and caramelized onions
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
These summery vegetarian flatbreads are slathered in a high-protein combo of white beans and ricotta cheese and drizzled with a basil-lemon vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 2 yellow onions
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 lemon
- Fresh thyme
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Fresh basil
- 2 whole wheat flatbreads
- 1½ tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces mixed greens
Calories 750, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 770mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 83g (30% DV), Fiber 22g (79% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the onions
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onions.
While the onions cook, prepare the white bean-ricotta mixture and basil-lemon vinaigrette.
Make the white bean-ricotta mixture
- Rinse the white beans.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the basil-lemon vinaigrette.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Make the basil-lemon vinaigrette
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Assemble and bake the flatbreads
When the flatbreads are almost done, prepare the mixed greens.
Toss the mixed greens
Chef’s tip: If you prefer a creamier consistency, you can blend the white bean-ricotta mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.