In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
White bean and ricotta flatbreads
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine blends buttery white beans and fresh ricotta to make a protein-rich base for these vegetarian flatbreads. Topped with a layer of sautéed chard and leeks and a peppery carrot and arugula salad, these make surprisingly satisfying meal from the simplest of ingredients.
In your bag
- 1-2 leeks
- 1 bunch chard
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup white beans
- ¾ cup ricotta
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 carrot
- Baby arugula
- 1 ounce shaved parmesan cheese
Calories: 640, Protein: 29 g, Fiber: 10 g, Total Fat: 28 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 113 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 1020 mg, Carbohydrates: 69 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the leeks in half, lengthwise, then into ¼-inch half-moons and rinse.
- Strip the chard leaves from their stems; then coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping the leaves separate from the stems.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Cook the chard; make the white-bean spread
Make the flatbreads
Make the salad and the vinaigrette
- Peel the carrot. Discard the outer skin, then peel the entire carrot into ribbons.