In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
White bean niçoise salad with red pepper vinaigrette
Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Niçoise salad originated in the French city of Nice—and good thing it did. With crisp-tender green beans and egg yolks like golden sunshine, our vegetarian version is as “nice” as it gets.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 3 organic eggs
- ¾ cup cooked white beans
- 1 head organic butter lettuce
- 2 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 440, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 230mg (77% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes and green beans
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
In a medium sauce pot, add the potatoes and fill with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
Return the water to a boil, add the green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer the beans to the bowl with the potatoes. While the water is heating and the potatoes and beans are cooking, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 6 minutes for soft-cooked (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 3 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the water is heating and the eggs are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the potatoes and green beans
- Rinse the white beans.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
In a small bowl, stir together the white beans and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the bowl with the potatoes and green beans, add the sherry vinegar and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer as many lettuce leaves as you like to individual bowls. Place the potatoes and green beans, white beans, tomatoes, eggs, and olives in small piles on top of the lettuce. Drizzle with the red pepper vinaigrette and serve.
- Time the potatoes and green beans.
- Peel the eggs.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Stir the white beans and oil.