In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
White bean salad with charred cabbage, chimichurri, and soft-cooked eggs
Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Charring turns humble cabbage into a center-plate-worthy star, with a homey white bean salad, bold chimichurri, and a luscious soft-cooked egg.
In your bag
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 wedge green cabbage (about ¾ pound)
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket chimichurri spice blend (granulated garlic - cumin - sweet smoked paprika)
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 3 or 4 celery ribs (about ½ pound total)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Calories: 500, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 5 minutes for soft-cooked (for hard-cooked eggs, cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs.
While the eggs cook, start the cabbage.
Cook the cabbage
- Keeping the core intact, cut the cabbage in half lengthwise to form 2 wedges. Coat the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
While the cabbage roasts, prepare the chimichurri and the white bean salad.
Make the chimichurri
- Working over a small bowl, zest and juice the lime.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Make the white bean salad
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Trim the ends from the celery. Cut the celery in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
Slice the eggs