In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
White bean salad with roasted cabbage, chimichurri, and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Roasting cabbage is one of our favorite ways to transform the humble brassica into a center-plate crowd-pleaser. And pairing it with bold chimichurri, soft-cooked eggs, and white bean salad? Well, that turns this meal into an event.
In your bag
- 2 eggs
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about ¾ pound)
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 3 or 4 organic celery ribs (about ½ pound total)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket chimichurri (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - red wine vinegar - cilantro - garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 530, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 330mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Heat the oven to 425°F.
Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 5 minutes for runny yolks (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 4 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the water is heating and the eggs are cooking, start the cabbage.
Prep and cook the cabbage
- Cut the cabbage into 2  wedges, keeping the core intact. Coat the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
In a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat, add the cabbage wedges, cut sides down, and cook without turning until starting to brown on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the cabbage is tender on the outside but still slightly firm at the center when pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the white bean salad.
Make the white bean salad
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Rinse the white beans.
- Cut the celery in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the beans are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add the celery, walnuts, dried cherries, sherry vinegar, and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the white bean salad to individual bowls and top with the eggs and cabbage. Spoon the chimichurri over the cabbage and serve.
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs.
- Coat the cabbage with oil and season.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the beans.