In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chickpea and carrot pita pockets with cumin-lime tahini
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Pita bread, with roots in ancient Middle Eastern history, creates a perfect historic vessel to transport this sweet-savory combo of carrots and tahini.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about ¾ pound total)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 organic cucumber
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole wheat pita breads
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 680, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots and chickpeas
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Set aside half the cumin for the tahini.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Make the cumin-lime tahini
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] lime juice for the salad.
Make the arugula salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough thin half-moons to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
Toast and assemble the pitas
Fill each pita half with the carrots and chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, and as much arugula salad and cumin-lime tahini as you like.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the cumin-lime tahini.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Assemble the salad.
- Help assemble the pitas.