In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Wild Alaskan halibut en papillote with avocado and citrus salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Think of this meal as the original one-pan wonder. Easy cleanup, big rewards, little effort. We use the French method of cooking fish in parchment paper to seal in all the flavorful goodness.
In your bag
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket smoky spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 440, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Fish (halibut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and fish
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Peel and thinly slice half the onion for the fish; coarsely chop the remaining onion half for the salsa. [Peel and thinly slice 1 onion; peel and coarsely chop the remaining onion.]
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and rub all over with the smoky spice blend.
Assemble the parchment packets
Lay the parchment paper sheets side by side. Divide the cabbage, sliced onion, and fish between the sheets. Drizzle each with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
Place the packets on a sheet pan, sealed sides up, and bake until the parchment is puffed and browned and the fish is opaque and flaky, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salsa.
Make the avocado-citrus salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ½-inch-thick half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Zest and juice the lime. [Zest and juice 1 lime; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber, orange, avocado, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and chopped onion; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Open the fish packets, being careful of any venting steam, and transfer to individual plates. Serve the avocado-citrus salsa on the side.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the salsa.