In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Yucatán chicken tostadas with charred shishito peppers and refried beans
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
These Yucatán-inspired tostadas boast big flavor, thanks to chicken cooked in our custom achiote sauce and some earthy refried pinto beans seasoned with a bit of cumin.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound organic shishito or other mini peppers
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket Yucatán simmer sauce base (achiote paste - fresh orange juice - fresh lime juice)
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ounce queso fresco
Calories 680, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 20g (71% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Remove the stems from the shishito peppers.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the tortillas.
Crisp the tortillas
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start the beans.
Cook the refried beans
- Rinse the pinto beans.
- Measure ¼ teaspoon [½ tsp] cumin; save the rest for another use.
- Measure the water for the chicken and beans.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the cumin.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Assemble their own tostadas.