In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Yucatan pulled pork tacos with cilantro-carrot salsa and Mexican rice
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
In our take on the Yucatan dish cochinita pibil, achiote paste perfumes and colors ready-braised pulled pork, brightened with a mix of citrus.
In your bag
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder (contains pork and spices)
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion
- Sun Basket Yucatan marinade (achiote paste - fresh orange juice - fresh lime juice)
- 1 lime
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 1 green or red fresh chile such as jalapeño or serrano (optional)
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% organic corn tortillas
- 1 zucchini or other summer squash
Calories: 600, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 50mg (17% DV), Sodium: 105mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 91g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the Mexican rice
- Let the pork come to room temperature.
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the pork and make the salsa.
Marinate the pork
- Peel the onion; thinly slice half [1 onion]. Finely chop enough remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup] for the salsa.
Make the salsa
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for the rice.
- If using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Cook the pork and zucchini; finish the rice
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
To the pot with the rice, stir in half the cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Count the tortillas.