In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Yucatecan sopa de lima with shredded chicken
Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Spring is here, but winter’s chill may still linger. This take on Mayan chicken and lime soup will warm you from the inside out.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- 2 organic limes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
Calories: 540, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 900mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the serrano crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
- Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into rounds for garnish. [Juice 2 limes; cut 1 lime into rounds. Save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Break the tortilla chips into small pieces.
Cook the soup
Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, reserved chicken cooking liquid, and shredded chicken and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Shred the chicken.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish the soup.