In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Yucatan-style shrimp with crisp cassava asado wedges
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Cassava, also known as yucca and tapioca, has a mild, nutty flavor that foils for the heat of the fiery sambal paste. If you have some tequila in your cupboard, use it here cook the shrimp for a little added Latin flavor.
In your bag
- 1 cassava
- Cassava spice blend (paprika - granulated garlic - ground cumin - Mexican oregano)
- 1-2 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 10 ounces wild gulf shrimp
- 1 teaspoon sambal chile (optional)
- Shrimp spice blend (ancho chile powder - annatto powder)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
Calories: 720, Protein: 24 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Fat: 31 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 180 mg, Sodium: 970 mg, Carbohydrates: 90 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the cassava
- Peel the cassava, then cut into thirds crosswise and lengthwise into ½-inch wedges.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and cut the shallots into thin slices.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the shrimp
- Juice the lime.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the butter, if using, the cilantro, and half the lime juice.