In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Yucatán turkey chile verde
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
This cozy paleo chile verde boasts layers of flavor, thanks to an unexpected spoonful of almond butter that adds a subtle nutty flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple or other sweet potato
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sunbasket Yucatán spice blend (achiote powder - coriander - granulated garlic - sumac - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- Sunbasket tomatillo simmer sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 490, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chile verde ingredients
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the almond butter and 1½ cups [2½ cups] hot tap water until smooth.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and brown the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the chile verde
Add the tomatillo simmer sauce base, almond butter mixture, and turkey and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the turkey is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the chile verde is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnish
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Remove the coarse cilantro stems.
- Garnish the chile verde.