Yucatan turkey chile verde
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Soy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
This cozy game-day-ready paleo chile verde has layers of flavor, thanks to an unexpected spoonful of almond butter adds a subtle nutty flavor
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket Yucatan spice blend (achiote powder - coriander - granulated garlic - sumac - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- Sun Basket tomatillo simmer sauce base (crushed tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - fresh cilantro - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - sesame seeds)
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Make It Leaner
Stretch this dish into 3  servings to slash 170 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving. Enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Make It Ahead
The chile verde (Steps 1 through 3) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the chile verde, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water as needed to loosen it, as you prep the garnishes (Step 4).
Calories: 490, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
This recipe meets the American Diabetes Association Nutrition Guidlines