Yucatán turkey chile verde
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean
25 – 40 Minutes
This cozy paleo chile verde boasts layers of flavor, thanks to an unexpected spoonful of almond butter that adds a subtle nutty flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple or other sweet potato
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket Yucatán spice blend (achiote powder - coriander - granulated garlic - sumac - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- Sun Basket tomatillo simmer sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Make It Leaner
Stretch this dish into 3  servings to slash 170 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving. Enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Make It Ahead
The chile verde (Steps 1 through 3) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the chile verde, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water as needed to loosen it, as you prep the garnishes (Step 4).
Calories: 490, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.