In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Za’atar-crusted roasted salmon and fennel with artichoke salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
With za’atar-crusted roast fish and a lemony artichoke salsa, this boldly flavorful dish will take you on an evening’s tour of the Mediterranean coast.
In your bag
- 2 organic fennel bulbs
- Sunbasket za’atar (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 organic lemon
Calories 440, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 680mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the fennel
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; thinly slice the quarters lengthwise.
Prep the fish; roast the fennel and fish
- On a plate or shallow bowl, spread the za’atar in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the fish all over with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil, season the salmon and snapper generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly; gently press the flesh sides of the fish into the za’atar.
Roast, stirring the fennel once halfway through, until the fennel is just tender and the fish is opaque and flaky, 10 to 12 minutes.
While the fennel and fish cook, prepare the artichoke salsa.
Make the artichoke salsa
- Coarsely chop the artichokes.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
- Rinse the capers, then coarsely chop them.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Toss the fennel with oil and seasonings.
- Spread the za’atar in an even layer.
- Rinse the capers.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the artichoke salsa.