In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Zucchini and potato kofta curry with baby greens over basmati rice
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
In our vegan riff on Indian kofta, we form shredded zucchini and mashed potatoes into dumpling shapes, which we cook and serve in a tomato-based curry on a bed of basmati rice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- 1 or 2 organic russet or other white potatoes (about ¾ pound total)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Curry simmer sauce base (tomatoes - coconut milk - onion - cashew butter - garam masala - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander)
- 5 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 800, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 120mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 126g (42% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Make the kofta
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the zucchini. Wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
Add the zucchini, chickpea flour, cumin, half the cilantro, and as much cayenne as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper and stir to incorporate the ingredients (some lumps are okay). When cool enough to handle, using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
Brown the kofta
Heat the sauce; finish the kofta
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Squeeze the zucchini in a towel.
- Garnish with the cilantro.