In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Zucchini and ricotta torta with field green salad
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
This savory summer pie consists of thin slices of sautéed zucchini lightly bound in a batter of ricotta cheese and eggs. We love it with a fresh green salad and a well-chilled glass of rose.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1-2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1½ pounds zucchini
- 1 lemon
- Small bunch parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup pecorino
- 2 eggs
- 1½ ounces almonds
- 3 ounces field greens
Wash produce before use
Prep the baking dish; cook the shallot and garlic
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter or oil a 9X5-inch baking dish and sprinkle with half the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Peel and slice the shallot.
- Finely chop the garlic.
Meanwhile prepare the zucchini.
- Cut the zucchini into thin rounds.
Cook the zucchini
Meanwhile, prepare the torta batter.
Prep the torta
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Chop the parsley.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems and chop the leaves.
Bake the torta
Make the vinaigrette.