In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Zucchini and ricotta torta with mixed greens
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
In Mexico, torta commonly means “sandwich,” but huevos en torta, a dreamy cross between a frittata and a crustless quiche, is worth getting to know. Ours consists of thin slices of sautéed zucchini, lightly bound in eggs with ricotta and Pecorino Romano. We love it alongside a green salad and a chilled glass of rosé.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ pounds zucchini
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh thyme
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1½ ounces almonds
- 3 ounces mixed greens
Calories: 580, Protein: 29 g, Total Fat: 40 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 255 mg, Sodium: 680 mg, Carbohydrates 34 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Prep the baking dish and vegetables
- Butter or oil a baking dish and sprinkle to coat with half the bread crumbs.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini into thin rounds.
Cook the zucchini
Prep the torta batter
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Coarsely chop the parsley leaves.
- Coarsely chop the thyme leaves.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat them.
Bake the torta
Make the salad
- Coarsely chop the almonds.