In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Zucchini-chickpea köfte over mixed greens with spicy chile-mango dressing
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Chickpeas and potatoes make the plant-based version of Turkish meatballs, known as köfte, so satisfying that they need nothing more than a sweet-and-spicy salad alongside.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic Yukon Gold or other waxy potatoes
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Sunbasket chickpea dry blend (chickpea powder - baking powder - sweet paprika)
- Cumin-coriander spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket chile-mango blend (mango - gochujang)
- ¼ pound organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories 540, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 710mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 16g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the potatoes and carrot. Using the coarse holes of a box grater or a food processor fitted with the grating attachment, coarsely grate the vegetables.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini. Using the coarse holes of a box grater or a food processor fitted with the grating attachment, coarsely grate the zucchini. Wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Make the köfte
In a large bowl, using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash the chickpeas to a coarse paste. Add the vegetables, chickpea dry blend, and cumin-coriander spice blend, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until combined. Using wet hands, shape the chickpea mixture into 8  ovals.
Cook the köfte
While the köfte cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves.
- Squeeze the moisture from the zucchini.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Shape the köfte.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.