In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Zucchini-chickpea köfte over mixed greens with mango amba dressing
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Spicy, Vegan
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Move over meatballs, we’ve got plant-based köfte. Inspired by the Turkish dish, we blend carrots, potatoes, zucchini and chickpeas, plus coriander and cumin, to create these crisp bites.
In your bag
- 1 organic carrot
- ½ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Sunbasket chickpea dry blend (chickpea flour - baking powder - sweet paprika)
- Sunbasket coriander-cumin spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket amba dressing base (mango - coconut nectar - lemon juice - turmeric - coriander - kosher salt - mustard seeds - fenugreek - cayenne - cumin)
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories: 510, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the carrot. Using the coarse holes of a box grater or a food processor fitted with the grating attachment, coarsely grate the carrot, potatoes, and zucchini.
- Wrap the vegetables in a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Make the köfte
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the carrot, potatoes, and zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly, then drain off any residual liquid. Wipe out the pan.
In a large bowl, using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash the chickpeas to a coarse paste. Add the vegetables, chickpea dry blend, and coriander-cumin spice blend, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until combined. Using wet hands, shape the chickpea mixture into 8  oval patties.
Cook the köfte
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the köfte and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown on both sides and heated through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. While the köfte are cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine the amba dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the mixed greens, mint, and half the amba dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the köfte. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Squeeze the moisture from the grated vegetables.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Shape the köfte.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.