Zucchini fritters with tomato salad and garlic yogurt

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Zucchini fritters with tomato salad and garlic yogurt

Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegetarian

2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving

20 Minutes

Our take on the Greek zucchini fritters known as kolokithokeftedes are lighter than the original. A lemony tomato salad and garlicky yogurt turn them into a full meal.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sun Basket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
  • 2 organic eggs
  • 6 tablespoons crumbled feta
  • Sun Basket fritter blend (all-purpose flour - whole wheat panko - baking powder)
  • 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
  • ½ cup cooked black-eyed peas
  • 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • Sun Basket Greek vinaigrette (EVOO - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
  • Sun Basket garlic yogurt (Greek yogurt - garlic)

Nutrition per serving

Calories: 710, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 32g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 50g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Make the fritter batter; cook the fritters

  • Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the zucchini.
Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended. Stir in the zucchini and feta and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the fritter blend and stir until just combined.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons butter (from your pantry) or oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, spoon in enough batter to form 3- to 4-inch fritters and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more butter or oil between batches if needed.
While the fritters cook, prepare the tomato salad and garlic yogurt.

2

Make the tomato salad; finish the garlic yogurt

  • Cut the tomatoes in half.
  • Rinse the black-eyed peas.
  • Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
In a medium bowl, stir together the tomatoes, black-eyed peas, Greek vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, and half the parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the garlic yogurt and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve

Transfer the fritters and tomato salad to individual plates and top the fritters with the garlic yogurt. Garnish the dish with the remaining parsley and serve.
Kids Can!
  • Rinse the black-eyed peas.
  • Strip the parsley leaves.
  • Assemble the tomato salad.
  • Finish the garlic yogurt.
  • Garnish with the parsley.