In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared romaine salad with spiced chickpeas, piquillo peppers, and almonds
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
In this easy vegetarian chickpea salad, romaine lettuce takes on appealing smokehouse flavor when it’s seared on the stovetop or an outdoor grill.
In your bag
- 1 ciabatta roll
- Sun Basket smoky spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 organic romaine hearts
- ¼ cup dry-roasted almonds
- 2½ ounces piquillo peppers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts; cut the romaine in half lengthwise and lightly brush the cut sides with oil. Place the romaine, cut sides down, directly over the heat and sear without turning, pressing down with tongs occasionally, until lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Calories: 650, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the ciabatta croutons
- Cut the ciabatta into ½-inch pieces.
- Set aside half the smoky spice blend for the chickpeas.
Prep and cook the chickpeas
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Prep and cook the romaine
- Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts; cut the romaine in half lengthwise.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Scrape off any seeds from the piquillo peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Assemble the salad
- Divide the smoky spice blend.
- Season the ciabatta for toasting.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Assemble the salad.
- Sprinkle the salad with the feta.