Grilled pork with ginger-plum sauce and endive salad
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Chinese five-spice powder adds instant layered flavor to the easy ginger-plum sauce in this elegant paleo and gluten-free dinner.
- Two 6-ounce boneless pork loin chops
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Fresh ginger
- 2 plums
- Fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 ounces baby arugula
Make it Leaner: Cook the pork chops on your outdoor grill or in a nonstick pan—without oil—and the calories drop by 40 and the fat by 4.5 grams per serving. Dress the salad with a little of the ginger-plum sauce instead of with oil and vinegar and you’ll save another 40 calories and 4.5 grams of fat.
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the ginger-plum sauce ingredients.
Prep the ginger-plum sauce ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar for the sauce; set aside the rest for the salad.
Cook the ginger-plum sauce
While the sauce cooks, prepare the endive salad.
Make the endive salad
- Trim the root end from the endive; cut the endive crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery crosswise on the diagonal.
Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).