In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with roasted potato wedges and arugula-walnut salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
There’s nothing like a classic steak house dinner featuring perfectly cooked Black Angus steaks and crispy thyme-infused potato wedges to get your mouth watering.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic fingerling or other small waxy potatoes
- 4 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 1 organic red onion
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard - honey - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 720, Total Fat 52g (67% DV), Sat. Fat 16g (80% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the potatoes and onion
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the potatoes with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with the thyme, season generously with salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], toss the onion with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Roast, stirring the vegetables halfway through, until tender, golden brown, and starting to crisp, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter until it starts to bubble. Add the steaks.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While the steaks are resting, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-walnut salad
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, walnuts, goat cheese, roasted onion, and sherry vinaigrette; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the potatoes to individual plates and add the steaks. Serve the arugula-walnut salad alongside.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Strip the thyme leaves.
- Toss the potato and onion with oil and season.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the salad.