Sun Basket Chipotle Barbacoa Glaze

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Sun Basket Chipotle Barbacoa Glaze

4 Servings, 30 Calories/Serving

5–10 Minutes

Smoky chipotle chiles and a dash of tangy apple cider vinegar in our tomato-based barbacoa glaze will have you licking your fingers and smacking your lips.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sun Basket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • Chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo (contain soy)
  • Tomato paste
  • Dijon mustard
  • Maple syrup
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Cinnamon
  • Salt

Nutrition per serving

Protein: 0g (0% DV), Fiber: g (0% DV), Total Fat: 0g (0% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g (0% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 7g (2% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup, adobo sauce contains trace amounts of sugar): 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Soybeans


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Sun Basket Chipotle Barbacoa Pork Spare Ribs

Using ¼ cup glaze for each rack of pork spare ribs, on a sheet pan, slather each rack with 2 tablespoons glaze. Cover with foil and bake in a 250°F oven for 2 hours. Baste with the remaining 2 tablespoons glaze, then broil or grill over a medium-hot fire until the ribs are well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and serve.


Sun Basket Chipotle Barbacoa Grilled Shrimp

Using ¼ cup glaze for every 1 pound shelled, deveined shrimp, toss the sauce and shrimp in a large bowl to coat. Grill over a medium-hot fire (or broil), turning once, until the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with any remaining glaze for dipping.


Also try it with:

  • Chicken wings, breasts, or thighs
  • Brisket or flank steak
  • Pork chops
  • Lamb chops or kebabs
  • On a burger instead of ketchup
  • Portobello mushrooms


Featured Sun Basket recipes:

  • Barbacoa chicken sliders with cabbage slaw and peach-feta salad
  • Chicken wings barbacoa with salsa verde