Salmon with cilantro-lime sauce and pear-cashew salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean
A tropical-inspired take on Waldorf salad provides a refreshing contrast for omega-3-rich salmon in this one-pan paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 red or green fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 pear (such as Asian)
- 3 scallions
- ½ ounce roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
Make It Leaner
Cook the fish in a dry nonstick frying pan and skip the oil in Step 2 to slash 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving.
Make the cilantro-lime sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Finely chop half the cilantro; coarsely chop the remaining half for the salad.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- If using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the pear into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; thinly slice the fruit.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Stir together the cilantro-lime sauce.
- Toss the salad.
Calories: 450, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.