Get a Complete Lower Body Workout with Squats
Popular San Francisco-based personal trainer, Thomas Stracke, stopped by Sun Basket HQ to share some of his favorite essential exercises to maximize our fitness routines. Squats are essential because they’re a complete lower body movement that strengthens your glutes, hamstrings, abductors, lower back, and quads.
How to do a squat:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and flat on the ground. Focus on keeping your weight on your heels.
- Look straight ahead, keeping your chest and chin up while raising your arms in line with your ears.
- Squat back as if you were sitting on a very low stool, making sure that your knees are aligned over your ankles and not pushing out far over your toes. Keep your chest and chin up and your core tight as you sit back.
- Stand up by pushing up from your heels and drive to the top of your stance using your glutes.
- Repeat for 30 to 60 seconds.