Get Your Granola Game on Point

This granola takes a little longer to bake than most; that extra cook time pays off with exceptionally crunchy results. To make granola clusters, don’t stir the mixture for the last half hour of cooking, then let cool undisturbed on the sheet pan, before breaking it into chunks.

Cashew Almond Granola with Coconut and Dried Mango Recipe

Makes 8 cups

Shopping list
1 orange
12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter 
2 tablespoons olive oil 
5 cups rolled oats
1 cup cashews 
1 cup sliced almonds 
½ cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup light brown sugar
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup chopped dried mango

Fine-toothed grater or zester, glass jar(s) with lid, small sauce pot, sheet pan

1. Prep and make the granola
Heat the oven to 250°F. 

  • Zest the orange. Reserve the fruit for another use.

In a small sauce pot over low heat, heat the butter and the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until the butter is just melted. (Alternatively, you can melt the butter in the microwave at high power in 20-second bursts.) 
In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, cashews, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, butter, olive oil, orange zest, and maple syrup and stir to incorporate. 
On a sheet pan, spread out the granola mixture in an even layer. Bake, carefully stirring two or three times, until golden brown, about 90 minutes. Remove the granola from the oven, and let cool to room temperature. 

2. Finish the granola
Transfer the cooled granola to a bowl, add the mango, and toss to combine.

For each serving, transfer about ⅓ cup granola to individual bowls and serve as desired. Store in an airtight container, for 2 to 3 weeks. 

Nutrition per serving: Calories: 250, Protein: 5g (10% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 15mg (5% DV), Sodium: 25mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 5g (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.

Bonus recipe—ingredients not included in box.