Turn your Sun Basket box into a Make-Believe Refrigerator
You can use different pieces of your Sun Basket box to make a shelf and a produce container. We filled ours with paper carrots, a painted cream container, and blown eggs. What will you find in your refrigerator?
1 Sun Basket box
White acrylic paint
Colorful acrylic or spray paint
1. Cut off the largest of the inside flaps, and set it aside.
2. Paint the entire box, including the cut-off flap with a white base coat. Let dry.
3. Give the interior of the box (and the flap) a second coat of white paint.
4. Paint the exterior of the box with a bright color and let dry.
5. Glue the white flap to the right side of the box, leaving room for the “door” to open and close. This will be a shelf. Fold up the bottom flap, paint it white and glue it to the right side to make a produce bin.
6. Close the box, glue the straw vertically to the outside of the box to make the handle. Add a sticker or paint your name on the top right hand corner.
7. Fill your refrigerator with your favorite make-believe foods.