Make a Duct Tape Wallet
A duct tape billfold makes a great Father’s Day gift. Once you’ve made the duct tape fabric, the rest is easy. Colorful duct tapes can be found in art supply stores. For extra fun, fill Dad’s wallet with funny money and photos of you.
Duct tape in multiple colors
1. Cut a strip of tape 7½ inches long and place it sticky side up on a clean, smooth work surface, such as a plastic cutting board. Cut a second piece of tape the same length and put it sticky side down on top of the first piece so half hangs off the first piece onto the work surface. Fold the sticky part of the first piece over the second piece and flip the pieces together so the sticky over-hang is now face up. Cut a third piece of tape the same length and stick it to the sticky surface of the second piece. Continue until you have a 7½-by-8-inch sheet of duct tape.
2. Trim the sheet so it is about 7 inches wide and 8 inches long.
3. Fold the sheet in half from bottom to top so it is now 7 inches wide and 4 inches long.
4. To make the pocket, cut two pieces of tape, each 4 inches long, and use it to seal the two ends closed to create a lengthwise pocket.
5. Fold in half horizontally and crease to create the wallet.
6. Decorate with more tape, if you like. To make the wallet more secure, stick small Velcro squares on the interior of each folded end.
7. Fill with photos and fun mementos for Dad to enjoy.