Turn Dinner Into a Make-Ahead Lunch
- Pack sandwich components separately and assemble just before eating.
- Leave the smashed cucumbers in the plastic bag to keep them fresh and crunchy.
- If you don’t have a toaster at the office, pre-toast the rolls and place in a paper bag to keep them crisp. (Plastic will trap air and can make the bread soggy.)
- Pack the chicken in the same container as the pickled radishes and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat to give the meat a little vinegar-y flavor.
“This was absolutely to die for!! Right on point with the flavors and it was so easy to make!” -Michael C.
- Pack the lemon-dill yogurt in one of the reusable Sun Basket containers.
- Prep the dates, pumpkin seeds, and lemon, and pack separately from the arugula so the greens stay crisp.
- Toast the pitas at the office, if possible.
“This was indeed a really quick, highly flavorful meal. Great balance!”
- Warm the tortillas on the stovetop at home for a bit of that char-toasted flavor or warm them in office microwave, if you have one.
- Divide the cilantro in half before chopping it for the salsa and save the whole leaves for an easy garnish.
“OMG, I think I have died and gone to taco heaven! This was a party in my mouth.” – Steve G.
- Cook the turkey at home and let cool before packing.
- Pack the cucumbers separately from the lemongrass-turkey mixture so they stay crisp.
“OMG, these were sooooo good… loved the lemongrass paste flavoring!!!! Would love to take this one when we are RVing!!!!” -Gali B.
- Pack the salsa in an empty Sun Basket reusable container.
- Keep this one hidden in the office fridge, it’s our #1 pick for pack-ahead, so it might be the object of some serious lunch envy.
“This dish was so delicious. I could eat it every day.” – Sarah O.